Supply Chain Specialist
Responsible for all customer orders shipping out of Waterloo facility from start to finish. Order entry dispatches the Waterloo orders and the steps involved commences with a review of the orders to see if they can be shipped right away, check with manufacturing on when the product can be made or in some cases modified, inventory status, checking incoming inventory status, dealing with all internal correspondence/allocation, and preparing paperwork such as packing slips.
Perform supply chain management activities including demand forecasting to ensure customer commitments were fulfilled on time.
Coordinate with supply chain, manufacturing, engineering and purchasing personnel to ensure customer commitments met.
1. If anything is needed for Waterloo Sales Orders or if we are running low, issue a requisition to purchase.
2. Manage Inventory allocation or stock conversion by:
- advising Manufacturing when orders have to be converted to support Sales orders,
- practicing FIFO technique to allocate Sales Orders for Shipping
- maintaining sales order “customer item” field with correct BIN location.
1. Processing customer shipping paperwork for Contract Manufacturer customer orders when Procurement let them know they are ready to be released. The steps are: create packing slip, request invoice from accounting, put it all in a package email to the Contract Manufacturer along with customer’s shipping instructions.
2. Assist with freight quote requests through UPS website from sales for shipment out of Waterloo
3. Follow up on tracking issues with customer orders on our accounts (status of UPS shipments, etc.)
4. Keeping track of our ocean shipments and getting updated ETAs for them from freight forwarders
1. Receiving data entry, enter data into the ERP system after the Shipper/Receiver has verified the accuracy of the receipt.
2 . Print Customer Documentation Package for shipping.
3 . Assist with some of the “easier” purchases like online store purchase requests where the requestor provides the source/link and create PO’s in the system for these orders.
4 . Provide data back to Sales if the manufacturing location is different from the previous orders so Customer is kept informed.
1. Check Contract Manufacturers Open Order Reports for ETA’s when an inquiry is received relative to an ETA or the order.
2. Maintain sales orders – reference with PO#/line# in Syteline ERP system including backorders.
3. Maintain purchase orders – reference with SO#/line# in Syteline and show latest promise date, but do not change the commit date.
4. House Accounts – commence reconciliations on Sales orders active in the ERP system (Syteline), open P.O’s from Customers and what is on order with the Contract Manufacturers.
5. Assist with some of the random paperwork that needs to be done for Orders and other shipments (Export documents, customs documents, missing info on customs documents, and forms to fill out)
6. Custodian of the customer order list keeping an active roster showing once the orders have been issued to Supply Chain either in planned status (no deposit), then released status (deposit received) and finally shipped. Perform bi weekly reconciliation showing that a correlation of P.O’s against S.O’s.
Education and/or Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience using the Syteline ERP system an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude to achieve collaborative success
- Meticulous attention to details
- Problem solver, self-motivated, ability to initiate and follow tasks through to completion
- Effective multi-tasker with strong organizational and time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills are a paramount requirement for this position