Sr. Quality Process Engineer
- Work with suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure quality products are being supplied to our customers.
- Support the assembly and testing of new and existing products through effective troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Support incoming quality and FAI processes as required.
- Drive continuous improvement activities with ongoing creation, review and revision of processes, procedures, and work instructions to achieve improved efficiency and repeatability.
- Support manufacturing team in resolving quality issues on the production line.
- Drive quality KPI’s as required to support overall company quality objectives.
- Attend regular supplier and CM meetings to drive improved performance.
- Support regular audit of suppliers and contract manufacturers to adherence to quality operating system including control plans, root cause analysis, 8-D’s.
- Drive certification and compliance activities for international device certification
- Provide Design for manufacturing input to Engineering design team based on prototype build.
- Understand PPAP process and be able to certify suppliers PPAP certifications.
- Have a good understanding of ISO 9001-15 Quality procedures including quality auditing experience to the ISO standards.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Engineering degree in electrical, mechanical, quality, or similar
- 10+ years experience with quality practices for electronics and motors
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Experience with practical quality control practices and Quality Management Systems
- Experience in reading engineering documentation, including but not limited to schematics, mechanical engineering drawings, datasheets etc.
- Experience using electronics measurement tools (multimeter, oscilloscope), hand soldering, crimping and connector assembly, wiring (eg. ethernet, RS485)
- Familiarity with certification testing processes (FCC, PTCRB, etc)
- Experience with New Product Introductions, prototyping, product development
- Application of processes and methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) studies are considered an asset
- Capable of prioritize and managing complex workflows/projects
- Knowledge of IPC-620/610
- Experience with PCBA testing, handling ESD-sensitive materials is an asset.
- Experience with Linux or Python, working with point clouds and 3D computer visualization is an asset.
Should you require an accommodation please contact HR@acceleratedsystems.com. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially