- Responsible for the loading and unloading of goods from trucks, etc.
- Receive, Inspect, and verify incoming goods against shipping documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods and maintain records for traceability.
- Generate Packing Slips and other Shipping documentation including labels.
- Experience using the following software; UPS, FedEx, DHL, Worldship shipping and other websites as well to generate shipping documents .
- Inspect and verify outgoing shipments for accuracy and quality of inventory, and proper documentation against shipping requests. Ensure that proof of shipment is obtained before any goods leave the premise.
- Coordinate with couriers on all documentation and shipments.
- Responsibility includes the Stockroom which activities are Unpack, Identify, and put away stock and organize to appropriate storage areas.
- Ensure proper inventory controls such as FIFO and shelf-life controls are in place and being adhered to.
- Track shipments and update the Shipping Report/Log
- Work with the Supply Chain team to establish and implement receiving, stock room, and shipping best practices including systems, policies, and procedures.
- Perform physical inventory/audit controls by ensuring inventory compliance standards are met
- Engage with Vendor Customer Service, Couriers, Freight Forwarders and drivers with a professional demeanour.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with managers, supervisors, and coworkers
- Ensure required reports, logs and paperwork are completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Maintain clean work area including general janitorial cleaning of shipping/warehouse and shovel and salt outside areas including walkways etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 to 7 years receiving, stockroom & shipping experience
- Valid forklift license, or ability to obtain
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of ERP systems an asset
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Knowledge and experience of shipping Dangerous Goods, such as lithium-ion batteries would be considered an asset.
- Able to operate material handling equipment
- Must be flexible with hours on occasion to meet the cyclical requirements of the business
- Experience and knowledge of HS codes, customs documentation and import/export compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should you require accommodation please inform the HR representative when contacted. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.