Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Design motors and solutions using Solidworks CAD software to supply accurately detailed mechanical drawings for fabrication within the internal machine shop, and production with our overseas suppliers.
- Component design, assembly function, material choice, and treatments are to be specified with budget and manufacturing in mind.
- Maintain and update all documentation, drawings, and procedures.
- Sourcing & specification of mechanical commercial components pertaining to designs
- Supporting verification and quality teams in fixture design and testing for both prototypes and for full production.
- Assist in the initial assembly of new devices and develop production procedures and work instructions.
- Create prototypes and mock-ups with various rapid prototype solutions such as 3D printing
- Conduct design reviews.
- Accept and follow design instructions as needed to accommodate customers’ changing needs.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Documents and presents technical information and recommendations for improvement during design reviews
- May mentor other team members on specific technology in which they are considered an expert.
- Helps develop innovation/learning test plans and design verification and validation plans with Testing Manager
What your bring:
- Degree, Diploma, or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10-15 years minimum of experience in mechanical systems design.
- Ability to assemble what you design; this position requires excellent design skills and the ability to work with what you have built.
- Previous work with motors is an asset.
- Strong mechanical problem-solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Ability to manage time across multiple projects.
- You will be asked to review examples of past projects during the interview process.