Engineering Lead – Product Verification and Validation
You will be responsible for the development of facets of the Product Test Specifications and Reliability Targets, development of test standards and procedures, coordination of training and implementation releases of these specifications. This includes the determination of reliability targets for components and working closely with suppliers to tune these specifications. This position is very hands on and requires the individual to lead a small team and work in the test facility developing and coordinating verification programs alongside other staff, Senior Design Engineers and Test Engineers.
- Owns and continuously improves product validation test procedures for motors, motor controllers, and vehicle control modules.
- Deeply involved in new product introduction, setting test criteria for product specifications.
- Oversees test design and automation solutions for mass-production End-Of-Line test procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining critical documents and plans including DVP&R, calibrations, and certifications.
- Documents and presents technical information which then will become guidelines and best practices for product development and approval.
- Develops and supplies technical procedures and specification to other groups as required, drawing on international standards to develop feasible in-house test plans and specs.
- May lead and facilitate FMEA’s for product development and management, to ensure that correct product verification occurs.
- May lead technical design reviews related to assigned projects as required.
- Participates in technical design reviews related to technology and sub-systems that will be used on assigned platform and innovation project to ensure correct test methods and procedures are followed.
- Mentors other team members on product standard methods and procedures.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology (M.S.) from a four-year accredited institution with the focus being relevant to the job requirements; and/or 10 plus years of relevant experience in product verification and validation.
- Experience with Motors, Controllers, Integrated Circuit Boards, Mechanical assemblies, and enclosures.
- Demonstrated experience to lead, mentor, create, and analyze.
- Experience managing a small team of people
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute detailed test plans, proving conformance to product specifications
- Proactive, driven, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully lead several product verification standard project efforts concurrently.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations and to use and understand engineering state of the art verification tools. (Circuit Probes, Oscilloscopes, modeling software, mechanical tools measurement tools)
- Considered an expert in product verification and validation relevant to the company’s products.
- Considered an experienced mentor, teacher and facilitator leading and developing training materials