PCB Layout Designer
Accelerated Systems Inc. (ASI) is a clean energy innovation company. A global Designer and Manufacturer of fully integrated electric vehicle Drive Systems including electric motors, motor controllers, battery systems and custom hardware.
We specialize in autonomous controls and the electrification of equipment that is currently powered by internal combustion engines thereby providing the world with a greener, cleaner choice for their eBikes, eMotorcycles, eScooters, golf carts, outdoor power equipment, and electric utility vehicles.
The world is not only ready for electric power but committing to it with their buying decisions. The electrification industry is growing at an unprecedented rate and our Team is composed of talented, passionate people who are at the forefront of innovation. They are the reason we can accomplish what we do.
As a PCB Layout Designer you will be responsible for implementing PCBA layouts for systems such as motor controllers, vehicle control modules, and other custom hardware, based on schematics produced by your Senior Hardware Designer teammates. You will apply your knowledge of high-power routing best practices to ensure reliable low-noise operation of motor control circuits. You will work as part of a small team, participate in schematic reviews with Senior Hardware Designers, and implement those designs into working PCBAs. You will also be responsible for producing and maintaining design documentation, building Bills of Materials (BOMs) in the Arena Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, and supporting existing products throughout their lifecycles with replacement and alternate components.
- A Technologist diploma in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Effective problem solving, good engineering judgment and decision making
- At least three years’ experience using Altium Designer to lay out PCBs in a production setting
- Able to create and maintain parts within Altium’s library, including IC pinout and footprint specification
- Knowledge of Altium’s MCAD/ECAD integration, co-designing component placement with Mechanical team
- Follow all relevant IPC standards for PCB design, and can review other team members’ work for compliance
- Can identify and follow best practices in laying out high-current, high-power PCB traces
- Deep knowledge of PCB manufacturing techniques and the Design-for-Manufacture (DFM) of PCBAs
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience building automated Altium workflows to generate documentation and gerber files
- Understands proper thermal design of high-power PCBAs, including thermal vias and heatsink selection
- The ideal candidates must possess knowledge of the best practices in PCB design to ensure EMI/EMC compliance, signal integrity, and noise immunity.
- Previous design experience producing PCB layouts for:
- High-power motor controllers or AC inverters
- High-current DC/DC switching power supplies
- Analog measurement devices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should you require an accommodation please contact HR<at>acceleratedsystems.com. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word format (.doc) or PDF. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.