Mobile Application Developer
The Mobile Developer's responsibilities include researching UI and UX trends, updating current applications and working with colleagues to brainstorm innovative ideas for new applications.
To be successful as a Mobile Developer you must combine your knowledge of UI and UX with insight into the latest technology in mobile applications, present your current(published) apps. and ‘pitch’ your work during several in-person interviews.
Mobile Developer Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain mobile applications.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology for mobile applications.
- Work with computer engineers to brainstorm new applications.
- Create UI tests to source analytics.
- Acting as lead iOS and/ or Android developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects-fast!
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort Optimising performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Mobile Developer Requirements*
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant computer languages for Android, iOS and Windows devices.
- A portfolio of applications you have created or contributed to-published work.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.