Human Resources Coordinator
In this role, the coordinator will provide support to managers by administrating matters relating to recruitment and selection, occupational health and safety, and policies and procedures for a variety of departments to ensure the overall effectiveness of the company.
To ensure success, the HR Coordinator should have experience in a fast-paced, professional environment and advanced administrative skills with a focus on the details associated with recruitment. Outstanding HR Coordinators can adapt to using various HR-related platforms such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and BambooHR. The chosen candidate must provide excellent administrative support to ensure an efficient recruitment and on-boarding process from time of application to first day of employment.
- Provide administrative and project support to the management; predominately focusing on recruitment, on-boarding, and accuracy of electronic personnel files.
- Confidently act as the first point of contact for internal and external recruitment initiatives and conduct full cycle recruitment which includes but is not limited to posting, gathering applications, screening resumes, conducting pre-screening phone interviews, participate in interviewing activities, and award positions.
- Accurately prepare and present employment offers to candidates and maintain all documentation throughout the hiring and on-boarding process.
- Work closely with Payroll, Benefits, and Training regarding staffing changes to provide seamless transitions for new and existing employees.
- Create a welcoming and organized environment for new employees when they arrive on their first day.
- Participate in the creation of job descriptions and job postings for new and existing positions.
- Establish and maintain electronic personnel files on the BambooHR platform.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Perform employee orientation and be the point of contact for general HR inquiries.
- Keep relevant with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership over the administrative aspects of the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Elevated communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen eye for attention to detail to ensure contract and record accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills paired with the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Very adaptable and able to quickly pick up on a variety of online platforms.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency with word processing (Microsoft Word) and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel).
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Have a post-secondary diploma or degree in a field related to Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have strong candidate sourcing abilities through digital and non-digital channels.
- Have robust knowledge of ESA legislative requirements.
- Previous experience in a high-paced recruitment role an asset.
- Experience using Human Resource Information Systems such as Bamboo HR is and asset.
- CHRP designation, or actively pursuing the designation is preferred
Part-time hours: 20-25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- recruitment : 1 year (Required)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)