Hardware, PCB Layout Lead Engineer
- As a Hardware Designer, you will be responsible for designing a variety of electronics devices such as motor controllers, vehicle control modules, IoT devices, wireless communication and innovative electrification systems.
- If you think this is boring, think again. You will be exposed to machine learning, computer vision and some of the most progressive companies in North America.
- Working with a team to bring innovative concept from the drawing board to products. You will primarily work independently on a project stream as part of a small team. You will also be responsible for producing and maintaining project documentation related to all projects. Identifying, qualifying and sourcing electronics components used in all projects and maintain all Bills of Materials (BOM).
- Bachelor and preferable master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Several years of experience as a hardware engineer/designer
- Proven track records of hands on hardware design and product development experiences
- Advanced practical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Effective problem solving, good engineering judgment and decision making
- Proficiency of schematic capture and PCB layout tool on Altium Designer.
- Familiar with operating various lab equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyser etc.
- High speed digital circuit design
- Analog circuit design
- Power electronics design
- Circuit simulation
- Component Engineering (e.g. selection of power components, passive components, etc.)
- Tools such as Altium Designer or equivalent ECAD tools
- Embedded microprocessors, ARM core BLE
- Buck boost converter design
- DC/AC, AC/DC and DC/DC conversion
- Current control design for battery charging mechanism
- RF experience, including matching and LNA's, is an asset
- Real world hands-on troubleshooting with electronics and mechanical assemblies
- Fully familiar with CSA / UL / CE design standards and requirements
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Good mechanical comprehension
- Skills of both ECAD and MCAD – Experience with power engineering and renewable energy system design
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Capable of multi-tasking
Education & Experience
- University or Institute qualifications in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- PCB design and layout: 10 years (Required)
- Altium : 1 year (Preferred)
- both schematic and PCB design: 10 years (Required)
- commercially available device: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19