Hardware, PCB Layout Designer
- As a Hardware Designer, you will be responsible for designing a variety of electronics devices such as motor controllers, vehicle control modules, IoT devices, wireless communication and innovative electrification systems.
- If you think this is boring, think again. You will be exposed to machine learning, computer vision and some of the most progressive companies in North America.
- Working with a team to bring innovative concept from the drawing board to products. You will primarily work independently on a project stream as part of a small team. You will also be responsible for producing and maintaining project documentation related to all projects. Identifying, qualifying and sourcing electronics components used in all projects and maintain all Bills of Materials (BOM).
- Effective problem solving, good engineering judgment and decision making
- Proficiency of schematic capture and PCB layout tool on Altium Designer or similar tool
- Experience with operating various lab equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer etc.
- High speed digital circuit design
- Analog circuit design
- Power electronics design
- Circuit simulation
- Motor control driver design with high power H-bridge design
- Component Engineering (e.g. selection of power components, passive components, etc.)
- Familiar with various communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, LVDS, USB, UART, CAN
- Embedded microprocessors, ARM core
- Familiar with WiFi and BLE Hardware design
- Experience designing Buck boost converter design
- DC/AC, AC/DC and DC/DC conversion
- Battery protection, balancing and charging circuit design
- RF experience, including matching and LNA's, is an asset
- Real world hands-on troubleshooting with electronics and mechanical assemblies
- Fully familiar with CSA / UL / CE design standards and requirements
- Capable of multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a change environment
Education and/or Experience:
- University or Institute qualifications in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as hardware engineer/designer with proven track record for hands-on experience for product development
- Skilled at both ECAD and MCAD – Experience with power engineering and renewable energy system design is an asset
- Good understanding of mechanical systems