Engineering Lead – Product Verification and Validation
Responsible for leading the development and management of the Product Validation and Verification process. This individual would be responsible for the development of facets of the Product Test Specifications and Reliability Targets, development of test standards and procedures, coordination of training and implementation releases of these specifications. This includes the determination of reliability targets for components and working closely with suppliers to tune these specifications. This position is very hands on and requires the individual to lead a small team and work in the test facility developing and coordinating verification programs alongside other staff, Senior Design Engineers and Test Engineers.
- Develops and supplies technical procedures and specification to other groups as required. These groups would include Design, Tooling, Sourcing, Testing, Manufacturing Engineering, Hardware Design, Software Design, Tech Service.
- Responsible for maintaining critical documents and plans including DVP&R, calibrations, and certifications.
- Responsible for maintaining specifications and documentation around the creation of end of line test devices for electrical products that ASI designs.
- Documents and presents technical information which then will become guidelines and best practices for product development and approval.
- Helps develop innovation/ prototype test plans with Testing Personnel and Engineering Staff.
- Works closely with engineering to support innovation and learning projects and subsystem development for NPD projects.
- Works with other groups – Manufacturing Engineers, Tooling, Sourcing on DFM/DFA of components and assemblies.
- May lead and facilitate FMEA’s for product development and management. To ensure that correct product verification occurs.
- Periodic presentations of test verification procedure projects to inform program managers, marketing managers, executives, etc.
- Coordinates complex and multi-disciplined test method development to support engineering, testing, and research projects from design to implementation.
- Develops new ways to verify designs and validate products.
- Investigates problems and requirements of assigned projects and develops plans for solutions in line with established project objectives.
- Develops innovative technology concepts into prototypes and test pieces to determine viability.
- Supports and leads multiple product verification projects concurrently.
- May lead technical design reviews related to assigned projects as required.
- Participates in technical design reviews related to technology and sub-systems that will be used on assigned platform and innovation project to ensure correct test methods and procedures are followed.
- Completes professional engineering product verification and validation assignments of broad scope on time.
- Exercises discretion as to personal work details.
- Mentors other team members on product standard methods and procedures.
- Works closely with reliability engineers to set reliability targets and test methods.
- Manages and facilitates the publication and updates of test methods and procedures.
- Maps detailed product verification and validation processes to demonstrate and organize product verification tasks on time.
- Develops and delivers training to Product Verification and Validation staff.
- This is not necessarily a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, experience or requirements associated with the job
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Technology (M.S.) from a four-year accredited institution with the focus being relevant to the job requirements; and/or 15 plus years of relevant experience in product verification and validation.
- Experience with Motors, Controllers, Integrated Circuit Boards, Mechanical assemblies, and enclosures.
- Demonstrated experience to lead, mentor, create, and analyze.
- Experience with direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to complete the most complex engineering assignments and technical projects while working independently or as the leader of a sub-team for development of product verification standards.
- Proactive and capable of working in a fast-paced work environment completing projects and tasks on time.
- Ability to successfully lead several product verification standard project efforts concurrently.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations and to use and understand engineering state of the art verification tools. (Circuit Probes, Oscilloscopes, modeling software, mechanical tools measurement tools)
- Considered an expert in product verification and validation relevant to the company’s products.
- Considered an experienced mentor, teacher and facilitator leading and developing training materials