Embedded Software Engineer
Accelerated Systems Inc. (ASI) is a clean energy innovation company. A global Designer and Manufacturer of fully integrated electric vehicle Drive Systems including electric motors, motor controllers, battery systems and custom hardware.
We specialize in autonomous controls and the electrification of equipment that is currently powered by internal combustion engines thereby providing the world with a greener, cleaner choice for their eBikes, eMotorcycles, eScooters, golf cars, outdoor power equipment, and electric utility vehicles.
The world is not only ready for electric power but committing to it with their buying decisions. The eMobility industry is growing at an unprecedented rate and our Team is composed of talented, passionate people who are at the forefront of innovation. They are the reason we can accomplish what we do.
We are currently looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our team in Waterloo, ON. (*This is not a remote/hybrid position). In this position, the incumbent works as part of a team involved in the development of embedded software for Electric Vehicles. The chosen candidate will be required to work on new and innovative products in the field of E-Bikes, Electric Utility Vehicles and Electrification of Outdoor Power Equipment.
- Real-time design and development for embedded software programming
- TI and ARM based, dual-core MCU (M0+, M4) development
- Design, implement, test, and integrate embedded software components
- Software development for test and verification
- Analysis and performance optimization for communication software
- Participate in the redesign of embedded systems applications
- Embedded software architectural design, documentation, GitHub revision control is a must
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop techniques to identify problems to root cause and resolve quickly.
- Breakdown assignments into tasks, estimate the time for each task and keep them within the resulting schedule.
Important Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development of embedded software development
- In depth knowledge of all popular peripherals such as CANOpen, J1939, UART, SPI, I2C, BLE, etc. from multiple vendors
- Experience with electronics schematics, bootloaders, device drivers, and their communication protocols
- Proven experience with Programming Languages/Operating Systems: C, C++, LINUX
- Must be familiar with FreeRTOS OS and all tasks, semaphores, 'Q's related features
- Must be able to show documented code using following: SPI, UART, I2C, displays
- Experience with the use of JTAG debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and spectrum analyzers are also an asset
- Familiarity with basic control system theory and board bring up. Hardware abstraction layer development
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
- Ability to work very well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to describe successfully completed embedded implementations
- Good documentation, communication, organizational skills
- Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Embedded software: 3 years (Required)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should you require accommodation please inform the HR representative when contacted. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.